Andrew is an optical specialist with international expertise in optical design, metrology, tolerancing, aberration theory, alignment, telescopes from Industrial Research Ltd (the precursor to KiwiStar Optics) to working on large scale telescope projects with EOS Space Systems in Australia and
EOS Tech Tuscon, USA, Andrew is now with the Giant Magellan Telescope. Andrew’s international project experience includes Thai National Telescope project, Large Binocular Telescope and E-ELT for ESO.
- “Design of NEID, an extreme precision Doppler spectrograph for WIYN”, (SPIEConference Proceeding), Schwab, C., Rakich, A., et al. (9 August 2016)
- “A 3D metrology system for the GMT”, (SPIE Conference Proceeding), Rakich, A.,Dettmann, Lee, et al. (8 August 2016)
- “Focal-plane wavefront sensing for active optics in the VST based on an analytical optical aberration model”, (SPIE Conference Proceeding), Holzlöhner, R., Taubenberger, S., et al.(8 August 2016)
- “An all-silica three element wide-field corrector for GMT”, (SPIE Conference Proceeding), Saunders, Will, Gillingham, Peter, et al. (8 August 2016)
- “A primary mirror metrology system for the GMT”, (SPIE Conference Proceeding), Rakich,A. (27 July 2016)